We’re only four days away from my last Blogmas post, and we’re onto the last of my Christmas Party Looks! I wanted to do something festive and super glam for the final look, so I decided to do a cranberry halo eye.
This is actually a super easy look to recreate and doesn’t take long to do at all – although it does help that I used Colourpop shadows which basically take no effort to blend! If you don’t have the shades used then any cranberry and gold shades will work perfectly too. Here’s the look!
COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOWS USED:
- CORNELIOUS – transtition and lower lash line
- MELROSE – crease and lower lash line
- PARADOX – crease, inner and outer third, lower lash line
- DRIFT – inner and outer third, lower lash line
- SUPER HARD CORE – centre of lid and inner corner
- AMAZE – centre of lid
I knew I wanted to use a cranberry eyeshadow for one of my Christmas party looks – it’s just such a festive shade! I decided to pair it with a gold shadow to really bring the Christmas vibes and make the eyes pop.
I feel like halo eyes look quite difficult to do, but they’re really not. For this look you just need a good transition shade to make the shades blend seamlessly together – I used ‘Cornelious’ Super Shock Shadow from Colourpop but any sand coloured shadow will do. I also wanted a deep, rust-toned shadow to warm up the crease and stop the look from becoming too pink, so I used the shade ‘Melrose’.
To create the halo effect, I used the shade ‘Paradox’ on my inner and outer thirds – keeping the centre bare – and then bringing that into my crease to tie the whole look together. I then topped that with ‘Drift’, without taking this shade into my crease, to create a deeper cranberry colour, as well as adding a touch of shimmer.
To prime the centre of my lid for the gold shade, I used ‘Super Hard Core’ to create an intense shimmery base, which was light enough to make the gold really stand out. I then took the shade ‘Amaze’ on my pinky and applied it to the centre of my lid to create a really intense and reflective highlight.
I also used the shade ‘Super Hard Core’ to highlight my inner corners, and took ‘Paradox’, ‘Melrose’ and ‘Cornelious’ on my lower lash line, with ‘Drift’ smudged onto the outer third for a bit of smokiness.
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHT CORRECTING PRIMER IN ‘LUMINOUS LIGHT’
- RIMMEL LONDON LASTING FINISH FOUNDATION IN ‘100 IVORY’
- SMASHBOX STUDIO SKIN WATERPROOF CONCEALER IN ‘LIGHT/NEUTRAL’
- LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT SETTING POWER
- RIMMEL LONDON RADIANCE SHIMMER BRICK BRONZER
- ZOEVA NUDE SPECTRUM BLUSH PALETTE
- BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED POWDER IN ‘MOONSTONE’
- L’ORÉAL PARADISE EXTATIC MASCARA
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW POMADE IN ‘SOFT BROWN’
- GLOSSIER BOY BROW IN ‘CLEAR’
- MORPHE CONTINUOUS SETTING MIST
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY LIP CHEAT IN ‘PILLOWTALK’
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK IN ‘PILLOWTALK’
- TOM FORD LIP COLOR IN ‘RORY
And that’s the final look! I absolutely love how this turned out, and I think the combination of cranberry and gold is so festive. I also applied some gold lipstick into the centre of my lips to mimic the eyes, which I think ties the whole look together really nicely.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what you think of this look and whether you’ll be trying it out yourself! See you for day 21 tomorrow,