I cannot believe it’s already the last day of Blogmas, it’s gone by so quickly! I’m also super impressed that I’ve managed to keep up and post for 24 days straight – I really don’t know how people do daily blogging all year long.
Since it’s Christmas Eve I thought that it would be the perfect time to post my Christmas Day makeup look. I did a fairly traditional look this year, with the classic shimmery eyes, winged liner and red lip. However, I decided to do a slightly darker, berry-toned lip as I think it makes the look a little more glamorous and also more my style. Here’s the look!
For this look I used the BECCA Eye Lights Aprés Ski Palette because it’s so festive and packed with gorgeous shimmer shades. I’ve been absolutely loving this palette recently to give myself a natural, glowy eye look.
I really wanted this look to be pretty and glowy but still really easy and quick to do – I definitely don’t want to be spending hours on my makeup on Christmas Day. Although this look can be done in practically no time at all, the winged liner and bold lip makes it look like you’ve put a lot of effort in.
- OPAL – inner third
- TOPAZ – centre of lid and lower lash line
- TOASTED MARSHMALLOW – crease, outer third and lower lash line
- MOONSTONE – inner corner highlight
- PEARL – brow bone highlight
Using these shades I did a very simple and effortless smoky eye, and sort of ombréd the shades ‘Opal’, ‘Topaz’ and ‘Toasted Marshmallow’ onto my lid for a more glamorous effect. To make the look a little more dramatic, I added a very bold wing which I think pulls the look together beautifully.
The final major element of this look is the lipstick. Instead of using a bright, Christmassy red, I took this deeper claret shade which is ‘Shanghai Nights’ from Charlotte Tilbury. I think this works so well with the subtle but shimmery eye look, and despite the deeper colour I think it looks super festive.
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- BECCA BACKLIGHT PRIMING FILTER
- CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA IN ’10 BEIGE’
- SMASHBOX STUDIO SKIN WATERPROOF CONCEALER IN ‘LIGHT/NEUTRAL’
- LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT SETTING POWDER
- KAT VON D SHADE & LIGHT CONTOUR PALETTE
- MARC JACOBS TANTASTIC BRONZER
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY SWISH & POP BLUSH IN ‘FIRST LOVE’
- BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED POWDER IN ‘MOONSTONE’
- RIMMEL LONDON SCANDALEYES MICRO EYE LINER
- L’ORÉAL PARADISE EXTATIC MASCARA
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW POMADE IN ‘SOFT BROWN’
- GLOSSIER BOY BROW IN ‘CLEAR’
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK IN ‘SHANGHAI NIGHTS’
- GLAMGLOW GLOWSETTER SETTING SPRAY
So that’s my final look! I absolutely love how this turned out, it’s so glowy and festive – perfect for Christmas Day.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what you thought of this look. Happy Christmas Eve and have the most wonderful Christmas! See you next time,