Y’all know I love a good makeup post, so of course I had to do some for Blogmas. I have three looks planned (four if you include my Christmas Day look), and these are all inspired by Christmas parties – so expect lots of sparkle.
Today’s look is the most simple of the three, it’s a very easy bronze smoky eye that anyone can recreate – but it still packs a punch. I used my new favourite palette, the Morphe 15N, for this look, so if you have that great but if not any bronze-toned palette will do! Here’s the look.
- CUSTOM – transition
- OPAL – crease
- EDITORIAL – crease and lower lash line
- TALENT – entire lid
- CRAZE – outer V
- ILLUSTRATED – outer third
- HELLO – outer third of lower lash line and stamped across upper lash line, shaped into a subtle wing
I blended the subtle wing out with some of the ‘Talent’ shade to make it a little smokier, and I really love the way it turned out. I also used the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in ‘Amaze’ to add a little bit of glitz to the inner third (because if you can’t sparkle at Christmas, when can you?) and tight-lined with the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in ‘Lionfish’.
I really love the way this turned out, it’s really smoky and perfect for an evening event, but is still a look that you can pretty much do in ten minutes without any real challenges. It can also be glammed up a little more with a striking red lip, or you can keep it simple like I did with a rose-toned nude.
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
- BECCA BACKLIGHT PRIMING FILTER
- YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT LE TEINT FOUNDATION IN ‘B10’
- NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER IN ‘VANILLA’
- LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOLLYWOOD CONTOUR WAND IN ‘LIGHT/MEDIUM’
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOLLYWOOD HIGHLIGHT WAND IN ‘LIGHT/MEDIUM’
- KAT VON D SHADE & LIGHT CONTOUR KIT
- MARC JACOBS ‘TANTASTIC’ BRONZER
- BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED POWDER IN ‘MOONSTONE’
- COVER FX CUSTOM ENHANCER DROPS IN ‘CELESTIAL’
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW POMADE IN ‘SOFT BROWN’
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS BROW GEL IN ‘CLEAR
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY LIP CHEAT LINER IN ‘PILLOWTALK’
- L’ORÉAL PARADISE EXTATIC MASCARA
- GLAMGLOW GLOW SETTER SETTING SPRAY
And that’s the final look! It’s so easy to create, just stick a neutral brown in your crease, add a shimmery bronze on your lid, a dark brown shadow as liner and you’re pretty much ready for any Christmas party!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what you thought of this look and whether you’ll be trying it out yourself. See you for day eleven tomorrow,