It’s rare for any woman to go to the hairdressers and want to sheer off a lot of length from her hair. Hair takes a long time to grow, and finding the right length for you is not the easiest! We use our hair as our crowning glory, our security blanket – it’s one of the things that makes us feel excellent about ourselves. Cutting off the length is often non-negotiable, though, and we get it! Hair is important, and with the length of time it takes to grow it out, it’s hard to want to chop it all off again!
However, it’s essential to embrace change occasionally. Whether you’ve been looking through the styles from hair.plus, or you’re simply bored of the style you’ve got right now, change is always a good thing. Let’s check out some of the best ways that you can make changes to your hair but keep the length of it.
- Move Your Parting. You could have been sporting a left-sided parting for years, but why not try something new! It won’t feel natural at first because your hair has fallen to the opposite side for years, but with a little heat training, it can settle easily into the new parting. You’ll do so much better for your scalp when you change things up because there will be less exposure to the sun on one side. You can even lose hair at the part, so with this change, you can give your natural part a rest!
- Frame Your Face. A fringe is one of the best ways to change your look quite dramatically! A fringe starts at the top of your head to your eyebrows, and you can style it to the side or a heavy fringe over the eyes. There are so many styles of fringe that you can embrace, and you don’t have to be heavy with it if you don’t want to be!
- Change Your Layers. The Rachel was a hairstyle beloved for the choppy layers in the ‘90s, but that doesn’t mean that you have to sport choppy layers! With the right long-length layers, you can give your hair new movement and texture. Whether you want to have long, fairy-like layers or a short, rockier hairstyle, you’ve got options!
- Colour Me Happy. The rainbow is your oyster here, when you colour your hair you get to sparkle in a new way! If you’re going from brown to blonde, go to the hairdressers for it – it’s not worth the surprise brassiness. Choose a color that compliments your skin tone, and you can keep the length!
- Wave! Do you usually rock poker-straight hair? Well, it may be time for a change. You can curl, wave, or crimp your hair for something entirely new! Invest in the right brushes and heat tools to get it looking bouncy and curly, or add flat irons to make it sleek and straight. You can do so many new things with your hair this way, and it’s so much fun to experiment!