Christmas is only four days away, and I’m totally feeling in the festive spirit. Christmas is easily my favourite holiday – there are so many things I love about it and I always get excited far too early.
Since we’re only days away from Christmas, I thought it was right to tell you guys my five favourite things about the holiday.
- Spending time with family. I love spending time with my family, and we always have so much fun when we’re all together. Christmas is one of the few times when we aren’t distracted by phones or work and can completely give our attention to one another, and it’s so nice to just be with family and not worry about anything else for a while.
- Eating good food. Christmas food is seriously the best, and it’s the one time of year when I really throw my “healthy” diet out of the window and let myself indulge. I mean pigs in blankets, yorkshire pudding, turkey sandwiches – my mouth is watering already.
- Watching festive comedies. Every year in my house we watch our favourite Christmas specials from over the years – my personal favourite is always Vicar of Dibley. I love watching these shows because not only are they super feel-good, but they also take me right back to my childhood.
- Baking festive treats. I absolutely love to bake, but I don’t always have much time for it throughout the rest of the year. Christmas is the time of year where I spend at least a day baking gingerbread cookies, chai sugar cookies and any other festive goodies that I fancy that year. Plus I get to decorate with my family which is always fun!
- Staying in and getting cosy. I’m never a fan of leaving my house, and Christmas gives me an excuse not to! I just really love chilling at home in front of the fire with good food and movies – I don’t do well with cold weather so I’ll take any reason to stay inside.
So those are my favourite things about Christmas! I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what you love about Christmas. I’ll be taking a week or two off to really enjoy time with my family, so I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! See you next year,