Summer is finally upon us (although at the time I’m writing this it’s currently pouring down, English summers hey?), and nothing screams summer like margaritas. Add in the most summery of all fruits, watermelon, and you have the perfect summer cocktail.
This cocktail is quick to make and super refreshing for those hot days. If you’re looking for a new cocktail recipe to add to your arsenal, look no further.
What you’ll need (serves 2):
- 8 large watermelon fans, cubed
- 2 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 1/2 oz tequila
- sea salt
How to make:
- On a small plate combine the sea salt and sugar in about a 1:2 ratio. Line the rim of two serving glasses with lime juice and roll the rim in the salt-sugar mixture to create a salgar rim (all credit goes to Leslie Knope for this idea). Slice two lime rounds and place on the edge of the glass as a garnish.
- Place the cubed watermelon into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Add the watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Add ice to the glasses and, using a strainer, pour the margarita into the glasses.
- Serve fresh and enjoy!
These are super simple to make, and you can always up the ingredients to make a larger batch. I can promise you’ll I’ll be making these all summer long.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know what cocktails you’d like to see me make next! See you next time,