I’m obsessed açai bowls – they’re so delicious and they make me feel kinda healthy too. They’re also super simple to make, and are a great, healthy alternative to ice cream (this one tastes just like a berry sorbet!). Since I had my first bowl I’ve been trying to perfect my recipe – something not too sweet but not too sour – and I think I finally have it!
Most açai/smoothie bowls contain frozen banana but I’m not a huge fan of that, it’s just way too sweet so I’ve made my recipe without it. If you’re a banana lover, however, feel free to add it in!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- a blender
- 1 frozen açai pack (I use the Sambazon Orginal Blend with Guaraná!)
- 2 handfuls of frozen mixed berries
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 2-4 tbsp almond milk
- coconut chips/desiccated coconut
- frozen/fresh fruit of your choice
- chia seeds
- plain almonds
- Run your frozen açai pack under warm water until it can easily be broken apart, then crumble into your blender.
- Add the frozen berries, lemon juice, yoghurt and almond milk into the blender and blend. Use more/less almond milk depending on your desired consistency.
- Pour the mix into a bowl, and top with your chosen toppings.
- Eat and enjoy!
This is really the simplest recipe, and it takes no time at all! I love how tart this açai bowl tastes – perfect for spring and summer. If you have more of a sweet tooth then feel free to add the frozen banana and maybe a drizzle of honey, but for me this is definitely sweet enough. I really recommend adding chia seeds, coconut chips and almonds as toppings, they add such a creamy flavour and tons of texture!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what you think of açai bowls and if you enjoyed this recipe. See you next time,